Saturday, December 4, 2010

How to Get 150 At-Home Facial Recipes

Today I am going to write a review about an ebook with a bunch of at-home facial recipes that I purchased a month ago called Naturally Skinsational. This book is written by Sue Dolan, an instructor and researcher for the Skin Care Resource Center. Since it's an ebook, you get to download it right away after you pay for it, and it also comes with a money-back guarantee.

Naturally Skinsational is a fun DIY recipe book that encourages people to create their own skincare regimen using organic natural products. I bought it because it has 150 recipes that are supposed to be cheap and can be done with ingredients that are easy to find. The book also comes with a guide to help starters like me create a step by step skincare routine. I paid about $20 and got the two ebooks plus recipe cards.

If you want a better idea of what I'm talking about, I found this youtube video of the author on a Fox News morning show making a couple of her recipes:



I like the book because it has step by step instructions on what foods to buy and how to prepare them for the recipes. Mixing the ingredients together is actually kind of fun! I let my little sister help me in making my own skin care treatment and we had a good time together.

Another good thing about the book is that it lets you can mix and match ingredients. The author shows you how to experiment with her formulas. She gives lots of tips with each recipe, and there is a glossary at the end of the book that tells you what each ingredient can do for your skin.

One recipe that I really liked is called a "Skin Enriching Mask" made out of honey, an egg yolk, olive oil, and yogurt. You just whisk the ingredients together and leave it on your face for about 15 minutes. It was easy to make and left my skin feeling very soft.

The only negative feedback I could give is that you do have to put some time aside to make the recipes. I love the feel of the fresh ingredients, but when you buy a skin care product from the store, you can use it any time without even thinking. You do need to plan a little to use this book.

Overall, I'm glad I bought it and I am going to try out a lot more of the recipes. If any of you own the book, I'd love to hear what you think about it! Or let me know if you have other at-home facial recipes that you like. Leave me a comment below.

Click here to give yourself younger looking skin with 150 homemade facial recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment